Akram wants to buy a new SUV under Rs. 10-lakh. Here is our response to his query-
Based on your requirements we suggest you have a look at the Ford EcoSport Diesel. Why the Ecosport?
1. The Ford Ecosport is a well-built car. The Titanium Diesel variant comes with 2-airbags, Anti-lock braking system(ABS) & Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD). All these features in addition to the strong build quality make the Ford Ecosport extremely safe.
2. The interior space won't disappoint you but it isn't very spacious. It can seat 4 adults in comfort. A 5th passenger won't find be comfortable for long distances as the overall cabin width isn't very high. A 362L boot might sound low but it has a lot of usable space plus the rear reclining seats with 60:40 split will give you an added boot space when needed.
3. You get features like push-button start, Automatic climate control, steering wheel with audio mounted controls, cooled glove box, Adjustable tilt and telescopic steering wheel, two tone interiors(black+grey), Ford SYNC app, Driver side seat height adjustment & driver lumbar support. The Ecosport titanium is fully loaded for its price.
4. The 1.5L TDCi engine which powers the Ecosport is a very responsive engine. The torque delivery is linear which makes driving easy. There is hardly any noticeable turbo lag. You have ample power post 1500 RPM which makes pottering around the town and cruising on the highways very comfortable. The updated 100PS engine definitely feels quicker. You can expect about 14-16kmpl in the city and about 18-20kmpl out on the highways.
5. The suspension setup is a little stiff which makes the city ride at slow speeds a bit bumpy, But once you gain speeds the Ecosport rides flat and won't disappoint you. For a mini-SUV with a 200mm ground clearance, the handling is fantastic. The high speed stability is one of the best in it's segment.
6. Ford India has come a long way ahead with their service centres. Their dealer network has improved too and we haven't come across many issues with their after sales service. Over the time the Ecosport has proven its reliability so the upkeep won't be an issue either. Resale value of the EcoSport Diesel is surprisingly good and way better than other Ford's.
The Ford Ecosport Titanium Diesel is your best bet as it is a perfect urban SUV with 200mm ground clearance, amazing build quality, best in class features, well-laid interiors & a powerful engine.