Mr. Vyas from Greater Noida is looking for an automatic SUV/MUV under Rs. 18-Lakh. Here is our response to his query-
Based on your requirements and budget we suggest you have a look at the Toyota Innova Crysta 2.8 GX AT.
Why the Innova Crysta?
1. More than the Toyota brand, Innova is a brand in itself. The monthly sales figures across the nation speak for itself. This gives the Innova Crysta a way better resale value than its competition.
2. The 2.8 GX variant is offered in both 7 & 8 seater configuration.The interiors are spacious and there is more than enough legroom for the passengers of the first and second row. The last row is best suited for kids during long journeys or used by adults within the city. With the last row in use, You get a 300L boot which can be increased to 758L with the 3rd folded down.
3. The interior layout is pretty basic. You don't get automatic climate control, height adjustable driver seat & stereo. Standard features include alloy wheels, rear wiper, manual AC for all rows of seats, tilt and telescopic adjust steering wheel,
4. Safety features include ABS, EBD & 3-airbags(including a knee airbag).
5. The 2.8L turbo-diesel engine is mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission. For its size and purpose the Innova is a powerful car. Torque delivery is very linear and you have instantaneous power available at the tap. You can use the ECO mode to extract the maximum fuel efficiency and use the PWR(Power) mode to extract the maximum performance from that engine. You can expect about 10-12kmpl in the city and 14-15kmpl on the highways.
6. The suspension setup on the Innova has always been balanced. The Crysta feels no different. It offers you a comfortable ride without compromising on handling. As it picks up speed the ride quality improves further. The GX variant is offered with 16-inch rims which offer a better ride quality.
7. Toyota's products have a proven long term reliability and their after-sales service is one of the best in our country. You can never go wrong with them.
The Innova Crysta is a keeper, it will go on and on for lakhs of km's without giving you any trouble.