Abhinav from New Delhi wants to buy a new car. Here is our response to his query-
Based on your requirements and budget, We suggest you have a look at the Tata Tiago Revotorq XE (Diesel).
Why the Tiago Diesel XE?
1. The Tata Tiago is a fresh design and looks very attractive unlike other Tata's with a typical front smiling face design. Remove the Tata badges from the car and it will be difficult for someone to guess that it's a product from Tata Motors. The overall design is simply best in class.
2. Like all other Tata's, the Tiago offers spacious interiors. It can seat 4 adults in comfort although taller people might complain about the rear headroom. But overall it offers decent interior space. The 242L boot is way bigger than what the competition offers. Overall the Tata Tiago offers adequate interior space and a pretty big boot.
3. The XE variant comes with tilt adjustable steering wheel, internally adjustable rear view mirror and front power outlet,
4. The 1.05L, 3-cylinder turbo diesel engine made its debut from the Tiago. Thanks to the smaller turbo, the Tiago Diesel doesn't suffer from a lot of turbo lag which enhances its drivability. This makes city driving easy. The ECO mode further enhances the Fuel-economy. For a slightly better performance, you can switch to the CITY mode. You can expect 15-17kmpl in the city and 20+kmpl on the highway.
5. The Suspension setup is tuned for comfort and like any other TATA product, the Tiago is well built. All these things put together to make it the most comfortable car in its segment.
6. We suggest you stretch your budget and get the XE(O) which comes with front dual airbags. This will make the car safe.
Tata has come a long way ahead in the quality department especially since the launch of the Zest. The interior quality, paint quality, and overall parts quality has improved over their previous products. Being a new product its long-term reliability isn't proven but this being a new platform utilising older modified engines, We don't doubt its long term reliability. Overall the Tiago diesel is a spacious, fuel efficient and a well-built hatchback at a terrific price.